Friday, December 31, 2010

Chapters 1 and 2

Here’s how this started.  

I live in a little apartment with white, white walls I can't paint.  My stove may have four burners but it's impossible to cook using them all at once.  There is insufficient counter space and my laundry costs $1.25/wash and $1.00 for the dryer.  

Rob, my friend since sometime after I let him copy my math homework in high school, lives with his parents, a dog and a cat.  He has a full time job and a new car. Rob needs a place where he could bring the girls he could be picking up at bars, restaurants, bookstores, or the deli department at grocery stores everywhere.

My apartment is a little too dorm for my taste.
His house is a little too family for his taste.

Then one day I said, “When my lease expires, you’re going to have to be my roommate.”  You see, the college loan sharks and the credit card company’s don’t care about librarians. 

My lease expires in July.  Right now we’re still talking about rooming together.  It’s very possible that we’ll get to the point of no return and decide we’ve made the worst decision ever and back out. 

No matter what happens, it’s going to be funny.  





No comments:

Post a Comment